Currently we are working on a renovation project for the First Presbyterian Church in the City of New York. The church consists of three historic buildings located on 5th Avenue between 11th and 12th Streets. The church was constructed in 1846 and restored in 1992. The South Wing, designed by McKim, Mead and White, was added in 1919. The Mellin-Macnab building, designed by Edgar A. Tafel, north of the church, was constructed in 1960. All three buildings are on the Historic Register.
Our master plan for the church creates direct connection at basement and first floor levels while incorporating the spatial needs of the groups that provide educational/outreach services for the community. Our concept allows the program needs to be inserted in phased sequences as funds permit, providing for program and priorities to change over time, while remaining in operation and maintaining the historic character of the church.