MARKETING COORDINATOR, DC
Newman Architects is an award-winning, collaborative architecture firm with offices in New Haven, CT, and Washington, DC. Our practice is focused on projects that serve education, housing, commercial development, libraries, spiritual, master planning, and corporate environments. We maintain a vibrant working environment – one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. From lunch & learn presentations, to employee outings, to architectural critiques and walking tours of projects relevant to our practice areas, our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, life-work, balance, and a sense of civic mission.
We are currently searching for a Marketing Coordinator for our Washington DC office to join our expanding marketing team. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Business Development and supports our mid-Atlantic region Business Development team.
The successful candidate must have a strong interest and understanding of architecture, design and planning and be able to convey this through writing and graphics. We are seeking someone who has the confidence and creativity to bring new ideas to the table and be willing to implement them. Industry experience is a plus, but most importantly, we are seeking a candidate who will complement our team.
Role and responsibilities –
- Lead pursuits from opportunity analysis to proposal and interview preparation for both public and private sector clients and targets for the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Work closely with the marketing team, project managers and firm management to develop deadline-sensitive deliverables such as proposals, qualifications packages, presentations, and award submissions.
- Write, edit and compile content from various sources into cohesive marketing materials including cover letters, resumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions, etc.
- Conduct research, coordinate consultant materials, customize project profiles and team information, and develop customized graphic layouts.
- Maintain marketing databases, experience in Deltek CRM a plus.
- Assist with website updates and social media communication.
- Assist with preparation and design of brochures, advertising, newsletters, and other graphics projects.
- Track and coordinate resources for conferences and speaking events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- 3-5 years marketing experience within an A/E/C firm
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Hootsuite or other posting platforms
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and work well with a variety of staff
- Visually literate with strong verbal and graphic communication skills
- Well-developed writing skills
- Capable of working productively in a team setting, as well as independently
- A strong work ethic, flexibility and a creative approach to problem solving are essential
If interested, click here to apply.
Newman Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.