STAFF ARCHITECT – NEW HAVEN
Newman Architects, an award-winning full-service architecture, interior design and planning ﬁrm with offices in New Haven, CT and Washington, DC.Recognized nationally and internationally for our work with colleges and universities, public and private schools, libraries, and mixed-use development projects. Our New Haven location is a beautiful re-used turn of the century carriage house located in the vibrant Broadway section of town, a step awayfrom world class coffee, donuts, art and architecture.
Newman Architects seeks talented, self-motivated architects that are design-oriented, independent thinkers, and excellent communicators for our New Haven office location.
Staff Architect requirements:
• Undergraduate degree and/or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited school of architecture
• 2 – 8 years of experience
• Design ability and interest with strong technical, organizational, and communication skills
• Ability to persuasively and visually communicate ideas, with excellent written, graphic and oral presentation skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, team members and consultant personnel
• Ability to work independently and to collaborate as part of a multi-disciplined team
• Revit proficiency required
• Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Lumion and Microsoft Office programs
• Graphic design skills with Adobe Suite / InDesign proficiency desired
• Proficiency with algorithmic modelling:Grasshopper, Dynamo, etc… a plus
• Proficiency with VR implementations: InsiteVR, EnscapeVR, etc… a plus
• Construction document experience a plus
• Licensed Architect or on track to achieve licensure a plus
• Experience and interest in sustainable design; LEED/WELLaccreditation a plus
• Preference given to experience in project types of those that form the core of our practice: public/private schools, colleges & universities, historic preservation and renovation, housing/mixed use development.
If interested, click here to apply.
Newman Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.